Holiday Booking Terms & Conditions
All cycling holidays are provided by Coolpedals Ltd ( “we”, “our” or “us”) and are sold subject to the following conditions.
Making a Booking
1. Prior to booking please read the website holiday description and these booking terms and conditions. If you have any questions please contact us for clarification. Please print these conditions and keep a copy for your records.
2. To make a booking you must be over 18 and send us, whether by post or by completing and transmitting a booking form to us electronically, a completed booking form and non-refundable initial deposit of £50. We will treat each booking form submitted as an offer by you to purchase the holiday package in accordance with these terms and conditions. We will acknowledge receipt of your booking request by e-mail. A contract will only be in place between us (all persons named on the booking form) once your deposit has cleared to us and we have issued a booking confirmation to you. The date on the booking confirmation email will be the date the contract is made.
3. We reserve the right not to accept a booking. All bookings are subject to availability. If we do not accept your booking, your deposit will be refunded in full.
4. The booking confirmation email will include an invoice for the remainder of the cost of your holiday, which you must pay no later than 35 days before the holiday start date. (If you book less than 35 days before the holiday start date then full payment must be made on booking). If the balance is not paid in time we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and apply the cancellation charges outlined below.
Cancellation by You
5. If you wish to cancel your holiday, this must be done in writing (including by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) provided that in all instances receipt can be acknowledged by us. You will be liable for the following cancellation charges, although we may waive some or all of them at our total discretion:
5.1 35 days or more before the holiday start date you will forfeit your £50 deposit;
5.2 more than 14 days and less than 35 days a 50% refund of the holiday price will be made;
5.3 less than 14 days before the holiday start date no refund will be given.
Cancellation by Us
6. We may cancel your holiday including in the following circumstances:
6.1 where circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, for example, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism, or poor weather conditions; and/or
6.2 where unforeseen circumstances result in an overnight accommodation provider being unable to honour an accommodation booking.
7. In the event that we have to cancel, we will, if possible, offer an alternative holiday. If this is not acceptable to you we will refund all payments made to us in respect of your holiday, but not any insurance premium as this product is purchased from a third party and operates from the time of purchase.
8. Please refer to conditions 10 and 11 below relating to insurance. You should utilise your insurance cover for any loss you suffer before requesting or accepting a refund from us.
9. If any person is prevented from travelling, we will agree to that person’s booking being transferred to another person who satisfies all the conditions applicable to the holiday, subject to both persons accepting joint and several liability for full payment of the holiday price and our charge for confirming the transfer and any additional costs arising from the transfer. We must be given reasonable notice of the transfer request, which is considered to be at least 14 days prior to the departure date.
10. To take part in our holidays you should arrange adequate insurance cover for baggage, equipment (including, without limitation and where appropriate, bicycles and helmets intended for your use whether hired or otherwise) medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become too ill to continue with your holiday.
11. There is insurance designed for the type of holidays we offer and we recommend you purchase insurance with this type of cover. Any claims concerning matters for which you are insured must be directed to your insurers.
12. Prices quoted on our website are a guide only and may change at any time up to the point a contract is made between us. All prices include VAT at the appropriate rate. After the contract is made between us, the price is guaranteed to remain fixed.
13. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you accept the risks and hazards of such a holiday, including the dangers inherent in cycling either on the road or off the road, adverse weather conditions, and poor condition of roads and off-road trails.
14. Please note that flights, train tickets and any other travel products you purchase separately do not form part of your holiday package with us.
15. All travel arrangements to reach the designated holiday start location are your responsibility, with the exception (where pre-booked) of our free pick-up service from a location within 10 miles of Langham.
16. All travel arrangements for departure from the designated holiday finish location are your responsibility, with the exception (where pre-booked) of our free drop-off service to a location within 10 miles of Langham.
17. No refund or compensation will be made or given for any unused hotel accommodation, services or features of the holiday where unused at your discretion or as a result of your action/inaction.
18. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to complete your chosen holiday.
19. The equipment, including all accessories supplied, is let out on hire. The equipment remains our property and you will not sell, hire out or otherwise part with the possession thereof.
20. You undertake not to misuse the equipment and to return it with all accessories in the same condition as it was when received by you (ordinary wear and tear excepted). We shall be entitled to charge you for any damage caused to the equipment during the period of hire caused by your act or omission. In the event of a breakdown, other than a result of your misuse, we will use reasonable endeavours to make roadside repairs or provide a replacement bike.
21. In the event of the equipment being stolen or lost, we reserve the right to call upon you to indemnify us for the cost of the replacement of the equipment, which will amount to not less than £400. However should the equipment subsequently be returned in a satisfactory condition, we will refund you within 14 days.
22. You must ensure that the equipment is adequately secured when not in use, not use the equipment whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs and immediately notify us in the event of the breakdown or loss of the equipment.
Our Liability to You
23. Nothing in these terms seeks to limit or exclude our liability if something we do or fail to do causes death or personal injury through our negligence or if we cause damage to your property and that cause is our fault.
24. Other than this liability which we have accepted, we will not be liable for any losses that you suffer as a result of any breach of our agreement except those losses which are reasonably foreseeable to both of us at the time we enter into the contract with you.
25. We shall not be held liable for any damages caused by the total, or partial failure to provide your holiday if such failure is:
25.1 attributable to you; or
25.2 unforeseeable or unavoidable and attributable to a third party unconnected with us or any of our sub-contractors; or
25.3 as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to strikes, war, civil or political unrest or government action; or
25.4 due to the theft of bicycles or injury as a result of cycling either on or off road and in particular injuries as a result of either inadequately maintained and serviced personal equipment or failure to wear the correct safety equipment most notably cycle helmets, unless demonstrably due to our negligence.
26. In addition, since the services are provided to you as a consumer, we cannot accept responsibility for any losses related to any business of yours such as lost data, lost profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of goodwill or other business loss that you may incur as a result of any breach of our agreement.
27. We will also not be liable for direct damage or loss of any nature caused, or contributed to, by any defect in or failure (whether partial or complete) of any travel services not provided by us, and which we could not reasonably be expected to be responsible for.
28. Except for those areas for which we do not seek to exclude liability, our total liability to you is limited to the total tour price shown on the invoice.
29. If you have any problems with our services whilst on holiday please report it immediately to your hotelier or to us so that the matter can be put right. Any ensuing complaints should be notified to us as soon as reasonably practical and in any event put in writing to our registered office within 14 days of the end of your holiday.
30. These booking conditions are governed by English law and both you and we agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
31. You are responsible for the supervision of all members of your party under the age of 18.
32. If either you or we breach this contract and the party not in breach ignores this, the party not in breach will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies at a later date.
33. If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which our liability to you is excluded) the enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
34. A person who is not a party to this contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this contract, but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.